Archive for the ‘Vintage Look’ Category
Ohh soooo happy to be making my first crafting appearance of 2011 on the Creative EdVentures show “In the Zone” tomorrow evening @ 6 pacific 8 central 9 eastern! Come join us for a craft party full of demos, chat, fun, laughter, and show and tell time for you to share with us what you’ve been working on. I will be demoing this really fun, inexpensive and totally easy eco-chic frame!
- Cereal box or other box laying around
- Mod Podge
- Decorative Paper (Die Cuts With A View)
- Buttons, bobbles and brads
- Lace or ribbon
- Two straws
- Hot glue gun or sturdy glue
- Alcohol ink or paint
- Photo or Artwork
*Updated video demo below!*
I always find the most amazing vintage graphics on The Graphics Fairy website which is why I knew I had to make a calendar out of one of her delightfully vintage frame finds. The size and style really lent itself to becoming a sweet yet totally versatile calendar which you can use as a simple desktop calendar or for something larger like the collage art calendar I did on the December 28th Craft-Tastic LIVE!
You can find the downloads here:
Hope these help you have a fun and fruitful new year!
Need to spruce up your Xmas tree on the cheap? Check out this neat vintage up-cycled ornament craft that I demoed on Cool2Craft!
-2 bottle caps -Glitter
-Alcohol ink or acrylic paint
-White glue -Hot glue/gun -Festive embellishments
-Ball point pen
-Pinhole punch or small nail/hammer
1. Flatten out soda can and cut two 3 inch circles from soda can.
2. Warm glue them together
3. With a ballpoint pen press design lines into your circles. Flip over and outline the top with design lines too.
4. Use alcohol ink or acrylic paint to decorate the circles.
5. Glitter the insides of the bottle caps by adding white glue and topping with glitter.
6. Add embellishments on top of dried glitter with warm glue.
7. Pin hole punch or nail a hole through soda can circles.
8. Sandwich the soda can circles in-between glittered bottle caps with warm glue.
9. Add chord or ornament hanger.