Archive for the ‘Speical Occasion’ Category
You won’t want to go without this cute little hat for your New Years eve celebrations! The decorative possibilities are endless and the template is free so what’s holding you back?
Mini Top Hat Accessory
• Stiff felt sheet, foam or colored flexible cardboard
• Embellishments such as feathers and rhinestones
• Hair clips or headband
• Mini top hat template found at http://andreacurriecrafts.com/templates
• Hot glue gun or fabric glue
• Craft knife
1) Print and cut out the template from http://andreacurriecrafts.com/templates
2) Trace onto stiff felt sheet and cut out. Mark the glue lines at one end of the long piece.
3) Bend the long piece into cylinder shape and glue together where the glue lines are marked.
4) Give the top circle tab a strip of glue then bend the tab into the cylinder. It should be flush or almost flush with the cylinder.
5) Cut slits into the bottom brim circle to match the lines made in the template.
6) Fold slits up until it kind of looks like a crown.
7) Quickly put dime sized amount of glue on the outside of each triangle and then put cylinder over the top. Flip over to press each triangle to the inside of the cylinder.
8. Pipe in small amounts of glue to the top part of the hat if you have holes.
9) Decorate with ribbon, rhinestones and feathers!
10) You can attach the hat to a headband or set of hairclips with hot glue OR criss-cross and glue ribbon across the bottom allowing the headband and clips to slip over it.
11) Wear to a party and let people ohh and ahh over your crafty genius!
This month we turned up the music and crafted our brains out. By “our” I’m speaking of my alter ego and I. This month she had a bit more Lady Gaga in her than I expected! Looking back at the last 30 days of crafts I can only think “Pure unadulterated insanity!” What was I thinking when I made a pom pom shag carpet? And that rockstar makeup/dance routine? Ohh yeah how about the 80′s button hippy? Clearly I’ve lost my mind especially when I refer to my alter ego as a legitimate person. What I’ve learned though is that letting go (of ones mind) can create pure bliss and really fun projects!
Speaking of fixes….. Watch out glitter you have been back burnered by my new obsession with buttons! Lucky me for having very giving and crafty friends that love to share buttons. My newly formed button stash is pure heaven! The only question I now have is “why didn’t I start collecting these years ago?”
Check out the last few Episodes of Craft-Tastic LIVE to see the craft insanity!
Thanks to all who participated in tonight’s live broadcast! I couldn’t have possibly finished my impromptu wedding cake card if it wasn’t for your input
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Take a gander at the recording of my stream and don’t forget to tune in next weekend!